- Small onion/Shallots-10 nos
- Garlic-10 nos
- Tamarind - a Small size
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
To Temper :
- Gingelly oil- 2 table spoon
- Mustard- 1 teaspoon
- Hing- Pinch
- Curry leaves - few
Dry roast and grind:
- Jeera-2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds- 2teaspoon
- Pepper corns-4 nos
- Methi seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilly -3 nos
Dry roast above items till get nice aroma and changes in color slightly. Transfer in to a plate .Add half teaspoon of oil in a same pan, then add below items, roast and grind with above ingredients.Add little water to get smooth grinding. Roast till coconut gets brown color.
- Heat oil in the pan.Splutter mustard ,curry leaves and hing.
- Then goes onion and garlic together,stir well it both changes in color.It takes about 1-2 mins in medium flame.
- Now add the coconut~spice ground mixture.Add water ,stir it well.Boil for 3 mins.Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Take out juice from tamarind. Add the tamarind extract,boil it for another 4-5 min in low flame.
- Heat teaspoon of oil and add on the top of Kuzhambu for more appetite.This step is optional.
- That's it now Onion garlic Kuzhambu 's ready.Serve it hot with steamed rice.
- Can make this Kuzhambu with regular onions/big onions.
- Add few chunks of tomato after the onion ,reduce the tamarind amount.
This Recipe of to Vegan Thursday,