Quick and simple side dish for white rice and variety rice.Just need few ingredients to make this Thovaiyal. We like it a lot, with a variety rice.Try this combo and drop your comments!!Happy Weekend guys :)
- Kadali Paruppu/Chana dal-5 tablespoon
- Urad dal-2 tablespoon
- Garlic pods- 2 small nos.
- Red Chilly- 4 nos
- Pepper corns- 1/4 teaspoon
- Hing- little
- Shredded coconut- 1/2 cup
- Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- As required
- Water- Very little
- Heat oil in the pan,once its enough heat add in red chilies, pepper corn,garlic and hing.Saute it in flow flame for 30 to 40 sec.
- Now add the kadali parrupu and urad dal to it.Saute it till gets golden color and nice aroma.Fry it about 1 to 2 mins in low flame
- Then add the coconut,saute it for 1 more min.
5.Add salt to the mixture.Grind with out water first,then add a little water to it.Don't pour the water., just
drop a little by little.Grind the thovaiyal in a stiff consistency.
6. That's it Paruppu Thovaiyal's ready.Serve it with any variety rice or plain rice.