- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Fine rava- 1/2 cup
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- Water-1/2 cup
31 January, 2012
20 January, 2012
17 January, 2012
12 January, 2012
- Cauliflower- 1 cup
- Spinach-2 cups
- Green chilly-3
- Jeera-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
- Tomato-2 nos(Chopped)
- Onion-1 medium (Chopped)
- Garlic- 5 pods (Chopped)
- Chilly powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala -1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk-1/4 cup
- Fresh cream- 1 tablespoon
- Cheeze- 1 tablespoon
- Coconut- 2 table spoon
- Cashew-5-6 nos
- Kas kas- 1 teaspoon (Soaked in hot water)
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves- 5 nos
Clean the cauliflower,and cut in to small size florets.
Spread in a kitchen towel,let it dry for 10 mns.
Then shallow fry the cauliflower or bake in oven till turns crisp.
- Heat the oil in pan,add green chilly and spinach,cook it for 2-3 mins in low flame.
- After that,allow to cool and blend with coconut,cashew,kas kas and curry leaves.
- Now heat a pan with 2 teaspoon of oil,add jeera,onion and fry for a while.
- Now add sugar and tomato,fry till get mushy.
- Add the red chilly powder,coriander powder ,give it a mix.
- Pour the grounded spinach paste in to it,cook it for 2-3 min in medium flame.
- Adjust water for the gravy.
- Then,add the fried cauliflowers in to it,give a gentle mix.
- Add garam masala now,
- After boiling for 2-3 mins add the milk,bring to boil again.
- Then add fresh cream,garnish it with little bit of cheese.
- That's it Creamy gravy's ready to enjoy with hot Chapathi/Pulao.. !!!
Linking this recipe to Vardini's ,"Healing food- Cauliflower"
11 January, 2012
This's our first Blog Hop Wednesday of 2012.Last time i missed to post my partners recipe,due to Holiday season.So,here am posting this month blog hop recipe and last month recipe!!I have been paired with Jabeen of "Janeen's Corner"..She's one of my good friend...We know each other when we were in Phoenix!!I tried Capsicum chutney from her blog.I wanted to know how would be the taste.Taste was really good..My kid liked a lot :) So,you too try this and enjoy!!
- Red Capsicum- 1 nos
- Onion-1 nos
- Green chilly-1 nos
- Red chilly-2-3
- Urad dal-2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Channa dal- 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan,add and fry the channa dal and urad dal till gets golden color.
- Add green chilly and red chilly ,and fry.
- Then add onions and capsicum ,fry till gets soft.
- Add Cilantro in to it.
- Allow to cool,then blend in to a fine paste.
- Then do seasoning with,mustard ,channa dal,urad dal and curry leaves...
- Serve with Idli/Dosai!!
For this month i paired with Kokila of "Foodies Nest".From her blog i took a very simple and healthy dish.Almonds are good for health right..Generally we use to take some soaked almonds in empty stomach, after removing their skin..My kid eat Almonds in that form only!!When i saw the recipe,i just wanna to try for my kid..we all liked it!! The taste similar to roasted peanuts only..
- Almonds/Badam- 1 cup
- Olive oil-1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper and salt -to taste
- Heat the pan,add oil.
- Then add the Badams and fry in medium flame,roast till get golden color.
- After that put,salt and pepper to taste,mix it.
- Transfer in to Kitchen towel,allow it to cool for 5 to 10 mins,
- That's it,crunchy Roasted Badam's ready to munch!!
- After roasting i transfered the nuts in to kitchen towel,to avoid excess oil.This's totaly optional,you can enjoy with little oily .
10 January, 2012
- Rice-1 cup(Cooked)
- Soya chunks-1/2 cup
- Brinjal-4 nos (Chopped)
- Green chilly-2 (Slited)
- Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
- Oil and ghee- 2 table spoon
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Channa dal urad dal-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Cashews-10 nos
- Green chilly-2 to 3
Vangibath Masala Powder:
- Khas khas-2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon-1 stick
- Dried coconut-1 1/2 teaspoon
Dry roast the above and make a powder.
- Add soya chunks in to boiling water,cook it for 5 mins.And drain and wash well in cold water,then squeeze and keep aside.
- Add the ginger galic paste and green chilly,fry for a while.
- Heat oil and ghee,temper the ingredients one by one.
- Add onion and fry,till gets golden color.
- After that,add brinjal,fry well till roast.
- Then,now add the soya chunks,fry for 1-2 mins in low flame.
- Add salt and rice mix well.
- Finally add Vanghi bath powder and lemon juice,mix gently.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top
- Serve hot with Potato chips/any side dish!!
Linking this recipe to Vardini's "Dish it out" hosting by Sangeetha, then to Vardini's "New "U", and Radhika's "Let cook #11 Rice".
09 January, 2012
- Tomato-2 large
- Onion- 1 medium
- Cilantro-2 cups/one small bunch
- Ginger- small piece
- Garlic-2 pods
- Urad dal-1 teaspoon
- Channa Dal- 1 teaspoon
- Green chilly-4 nos
- Turmeric powder-little
- Heat a pan with 1 table spoon of oil,roast channa dal and urad dal.
- Add green chilly,ginger and garlic,roast it for less than one min.
- Add the onions and fry
- Now add the tomato.Put some turmeric powder and salt.Saute well, till get mushy.
- Put cilantro and mix,switch off the stove,
- Mix and allow to get cool.
- Grind well in mixer by adding little water.
- Now,Chutney's ready to have with any desired Tiffin!!
- Red chilly can be used instead of green chilly (or)Both can be used.
- You can add some shredded coconut.
- Can follow the same method for making Tomato~Mint chutney.Use Mint leaves instead of cilantro.
- After making chutney,you can do seasoning with mustard and curry leaves.
08 January, 2012
Ingredients for Cauliflower Masala:
- Cauliflower- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 small
- Tomato-2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder- to taste
- Salt- To taste
- Turmeric powder- Little
- Garam Masala- 1teaspoon
- Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
- Cilantro- some
- Dosai Batter/Uttapam Batter- Required
- Clean & wash the cauliflower,drain well and chop in to very small pieces.Can add the stem parts too.But,here i didn't use that.
- Chop onion and tomato in to very fine pieces.
How to make Cauliflower Masala:
- Heat pan with oil,temper all ingredients under list.
- Then add onion and fry for little,add ginger garlic paste.Fry a little till raw smells goes out.
- Add tomato, fry till gets mushy.
- Put salt,red chilly powder and turmeric powder mix well.
- Now add the cauliflower,mix well and close the lid and cook for 2-3 mins.Don't add water.
- Add garam masala & cumin powder,mix again.now switch off the flame.
- Add cilantro on top.Cauliflower masala's ready now.
- Now heat a dosa pan,make a small size and little thick size dosa,put oil all arround.
- Close the lid for 1 min,then open the lid and add the masala on top and spread a little.
- Now flip flop the utthapam.
- Cook it of less than 1 min,take it out.
- Now,Cauliflower Uttapam's ready to serve.
- Serve with any kind of desired curry/chutney.
- Same recipe can use for Cauliflower chappthi roll and normals doasi spread.
Sending this recipe to"Cooking with Siri" and host by Vardini's "Healing food~Cauliflower event" and to Vidhya's Sweet Karam Kapi,"Flavors of Tamilnadu"
06 January, 2012
2.Milk-1 and half cups
2.Badam-2 nos (chopped)
4.Dry grapes/kismis-1 teaspoon
v Heat a heavy pan, add teaspoon of ghee and roast the vermicelli till get golden color .Once the color changes transfer semiya in to diff tray.(To avoid buring)
v Then, take a same pan add milk, boil it for 10 mins.
v Now add the roasted Vermicelli.
v Stir and cook on low flame, can close the lid and cook.
v Once the Vermicelli done , add the sugar and mix well gently till all dissolves.
v Add Cardamom powder.
v Now, heat a small pan with ghee for tempering.
v Roast badam, cashew & rasins , add to the Payasam.
v Mix well, now Payasam’s ready to offer god.
v Rose essence can be used instead of cardamom.
v Payasam can be serve in Hot/Cold.
Linking this recipe to Kokila’s ,""Foodies Nest Fasting friday,