Hi friends , hope you all getting ready for Diwali.The day of Diwali will start up with sweets and end up with fire crackers..!! Sweets n savory takes major parts in Diwali days right?!.For Blogging Marathon #22 , i have chosen the theme Dishes from West bengal. For the Day 1 of BM , am here with Sandesh recipe.Which can be make it very easily at home.Try it at your home for this Diwali n enjoy :)
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar-1/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 2table spoon
- Cardamom powder- little
- Pistachios - few
- Saffron strands - 4
- Add milk in to heavy bottom pan , stir the milk continuously to avoid stickiness.
- Dissolve the lemon juice in table spoon of water.Once the milk started to boiling add lemon juice little by little.
- Now milk will curdle, switch of the stove and pour the milk in colander line with muslin cloth.
- Wash the curdle mixture in cold water to take out smell of lemon.
- Again wrap the cloth and remove all excess water.Squeeze it gently.
- After that take the paneer in to wide plate,add sugar and cardamom powder.Knead all together to mix well.
- Now heat the pan in low heat,add the mixture and stir it continuously. Paneer will become a soft dough.It will take 5- 6 mns stirring. (Keep on eye, on the paneer dough, it may become crumble)
- Switch of the stove,take the paneer in to plate and let it cool for 3-4 mins.Then start kneading the dough again.
- Now take small portion from the paneer and make in to balls.Garnish it with saffron and pistachios.
- Serve them chilled.