For day 2 of Blogging Marathon #22, under the theme Dishes from West Bengal.I was confused with the theme, what to make like that!? Sangee of Spicy Treats only helped me to make some curry with eggs!When i searched for bengali recipe in youtube i found this curry.It suits well with Poori. Lets see the recipe now....
- Boiled Eggs- 4 nos
- Onion- 1 cup (Chopped)
- Poppy seed paste - 1/2 cup
- Green chilly- 1 nos (Chopped)
- Grated ginger - 1 tablespoon
- Jeera powder-2 teaspoon
- Red chilly Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd- 2 tablespoon
- Salt- to taste
- Sugar- little
For Tempering :
- Heat oil in a pan, temper the ingredients one by one.
- Add onion,fry for 2 mins, add salt to it.
- Add ginger paste ,saute it for one min.
- Beat curd with tablespoon of water, add the yogurt in to the kadai.
- Add cumin powder, turmeric powder ,red chilly powder,sugar and green chilly.Fry this in medium heat till oil loses the edge.
- Now add the poppy seeds paste,add some water to it.Bring to boil.
- Once the curry started boiling add the egg, cover and cook for 5 mins or till the curry become thick.Check the salt.
- Serve hot with Chapthi/Poori/pulao .