Upma's South India's common breakfast in all homes, in lack of Idli Dosai batter.In my childhood i never tasted upma happily.. don't know why !!But as usual after when i started cooking i started liking it :-) It's very simple to prepare.Only 15 to 20 mins enough to make a tasty n fulfilling dish!!
For Blogging Marathon #21 , am going to share some delicious simple Upma(s).Have you ever tried of making Upma with Oats ?!Do you think how sticky will be?! I too thought the same..but now a days Oats Upma takes a major part in my Diet..This can be serve for Break fast or Evening Snack.Do give it a try !!
- Oats-1 cup
- Onion-1 medium size (Chopped)
- Mix vegetables -1 cup (Chopped)
- Ginger and Garlic paste-1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Water - As required
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Chana dal-1 teaspoon
- Urad dal-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Green Chilly- 2 nos
- Oil-1 tablespoon
- Dry roast the oats in wider pan in medium Flame.Roast it till raw smell goes out.
- Transfer the oats in to a plate.
- Now, heat a pan/kadai with oil.Splutter all ingredients under to tempering list.
- Add ginger and garlic paste ,fry for less than a min.
- Then goes onion,add little salt.fry till changes in color.
- Add the vegetable and turmeric powder.saute well.Pour some water to cover the vegetable,close with lid and cook it for 5 mins or till veggies cooks.
- Once the vegetable's done add some more water.Add the roasted Oats, mix well.Now oats will observe all the moisture.
- Again add some water and lemon juice, close with lid and cook it till the oats cooks.
- Add some chopped cilantro/coriander leaves,mix it well.
- Ready to go with any spicy chutney or Sambar. Even with Pickle.