For Day Three of Blogging Marathon # 20 ,under the theme Cooking with Onion am sharing a wonderful tasty Paratha!!I was one day late to post my last day's post!! This's our fav combo.. Tofu with Onion... It's very simple to make.Can make this delicious paratha in no min.No need to look for any special side dish , serve it with Curd or Pickle...mmm..will be YUMMY :)Now to the recipe,
Ingredients for the Dough:
- Wheat Flour- 1cup
- Red chilly Powder- To taste
- Turmeric Powder-Little
- Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Water - As needed
- Take a wider bowl , put all ingredients Wheat flour,salt,red chilly powder,turmeric powder and oil,mix well with hands.Then add little water and make a soft dough.Rest this for 10-15 mins.
- Chop all ingredients excluding Tofu.In another bowl, mix onion,tofu and other ingredients.Keep aside.
- Roll a circle shaped Chapathi, using little dry flour.Keep some spoon full of stuffing ,and cover the dough.
- Then,slightly flat it with plam ,then roll it carefully.Use some dry flour to roll.Don't press hardly ,stuffing will come out easily.
- Heat a chapthi pan ,add in butter/Ghee.Once it's hot enough.Put the partha ,first cook it in one side.Then flip it,allow to cook for 5-10 secs in medium flame,then drop some oil all around.
- Again flip-flop it, if need drop some ghee/butter again.Cook the both the sides,till get golden color.
- Do the same with remaining dough.
- Serve it with Curd/Pickle or any simple dal.
- Drain out all excess water in tofu and scramble it.
- Substitute Paneer for Tofu.
- Once you made the stuffing,don't leave it for more time.Otherwise onion'll start losing water.So make it faster.