Second Day of Blogging Marathon #20 , under the theme Cooking with Onion.Once i selected the theme i got Onion Bajji only in my mind!!When i talked with Sangee of Spicy Treats , she said she'll be making Onion Samosa for the theme.Fortunately she didn't post it :) , she posted some other three interesting recipes with onion..So i gave my try!!It tasted really good,using onion n frying in oil,makes a wonderful flavour!I had these type of small Samosa'a in Chennai earlier..Now to the recipe,
- Wheat Flour-1 cup
- Maida - 1 cup
- Oil-1 table spoon
- Water- little
For stuffing (Inside the samosa) :
- Onion- 1 small cup (Diced)
- Poha-1 small cup
- Salt- totaste
- Chilli Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Green Chilly- 2 nos (Chopped )
- Cilantro - 1 tablespoon (Chopped)
- Take a wider bowl add maida,wheat flour ,oil and salt.Give a nice mix in hands.
- Add little water at the time ,and make a soft dough.Cover and rest it for 15 mins.
- In another bowl,mix all stuffing ingredients and mix well.Keep it aside.
- Take a small cup/bowl add one tablespoon of maida and little water,mix well.Make it to a nice paste.
- Now,make a thin chapathi out of the dough,using some dry flour.
- Heat a chapathi pan,once it hot put the rolled chapathi for 10 secs in each side, and take it out.Do the same for all remaining dough.Don't over cook it.
- Now,cut the chapathi's in to a 2 and half inched ribbon.Trim the edges.
- Apply the maida paste in one side of the ribbon.Gently make it in to a cone.Keep the onion poha stuffing.
- Apply the maida paste again , before folding and covering the Samosas.Seal well in all the edges.Do the same with all remaining things.Make it in to small Cocktail Samosas.
- Medium heat the oil in deep frying pan/Kadai.Once it hot,add in samosa's 4 - 4 at a time and half fry and remove it.Cool it for 5 mins.Then fry the samosa's again to get a more tasty and nice color.
- Drain it in kitchen towl, serve it hot /Worm with or with out any side dish.
- Onion by itself will lose moisture.So it will lose crispness ,serve it immediately.
- Before storing allow the samosa's get down to cool.Then store it in air tight box/zip lock bag.
- Store this Samosa's only for 2-3 in fridge.