Hi Friends hope you all had a great weekend!!Now time to BM,for the fourth week of Blogging Marathon #20,i selected the theme Cooking with Onion.With out Onion..my cooking will not be complete...guess many of yours!!I know...atleast we use one onion in our day to day cooking!!Onion takes a major part in all type of Rice,Curry/Subzi n Poriyal.For three days,i will be sharing recipe which i used onion as major in my dish.Today's recipe's Chettinad's very famous Kara Chutney,got the recipe from TV show.This chutney can be make it in two type,one's blending all ingredients together with out no cooking,n tempering.Second one's sauteing all the things n blending n goes tempering on it..Now to the second type chutney,
- Small Onions- 2o counts
- Tomato-1 small
- Red Chilly- 5-6
- Tamarind - a small size
- Garlic -4
- Salt- to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.Add onion and fry for 3 in mins in low flame.Once its started changing in color,transfer in to plate.
- Now,add garlic,tamarind and red chilly ,fry a little to cook.
- Put the tomato and salt,give it a mix.Cook the tomato till it lose out the juice.Once it's done ,switch off the flame.Make it cool down completely.
- Take onion and tomato mixture in a blender,don't add any water blend it in to fine or coarse Chutney.Transfer the chutney in to a bowl.
- Heat a small pan for tempering and splutter all ingredients one by one,pour it on a chutney.Mix well.
- That's it simple Kara Chutney's ready.