Time to post final day of BM#20 under the theme Delicious Dal.I made Dal Palak,Served with rice.Adding some ghee to the rice,gives extra flavor to the dal. Actualy always i find the buttery flavor in my Dal Palak/Spinach Dal, i guess the dal makes the magic!!
- Toor Dal- 1/2cup
- Onion-1 small
- Tomato-1 small
- Spinach- 2 cups
- Green chillies-3 nos
- Musturad seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera-1/2 teaspon
- Red chilly-2 nos
- Curry leaves-few
- Garlic- 2 nos (chopped )
- Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Soak the dal for 10-20 mins in water.after that drain all water add in new water and pressure cook it ,along with small spoon of turmeric powder.
- Finally chop onion,tomato and spinach.Slit the green chilly.
- Once pressure downs from the cooker,open the lid ,add onion ,tomato,green chilly and spinach in it.
- Add required water,and pressure cook it .4-5 whistles should be fine.
- After that open the lid,switch on the stove and bring the dal to get boil again,to get creamy texture.
- Heat the seasoing pan ,with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Once the oil is hot,add all ingredients under tempering list one by one.Add the seasoing to the dal now,mix well.
- Add tablespoon of butter on to mix well.This's optional.you can skip it.I didn't add any.
- Dal Palak's ready now.Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Use split yellow moong to make this dal.
- Substitute methi leaves to the dal.