Final day of "Blogging Marathon #17".For the Third day of BM am sharing , very delicious tasty Payasam.Recipe adapted from “SpicyTreats”.First time I have tried Payasam with Sago & Vermicelli .We liked it.Thanks sangeetha for the great recipe :)
Hooray!! Do you guys remember a week ago I have posted “Tofu TomatoPulao” for Lavanya’s Giveaway Event right?! Randomly I have selected for the giveaway ..Getting Pearl Earring set soon :) Thanks again Lavanya !! Now to the recipe,
- Vermicelli-1/2 cup
- Sago/Sabudana-1/2 cup
- Milk -3 and half cups
- Ghee-2 teaspoon
- Sugar-1 cup
- Condense milk-1/4 cup (Optional)
- Cardamom Powder- 1teaspoon
- Saara Parupu/Charoli -1 tablespoon
- Soak Sago in water for 30-45 mins.Then drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Heat pan with teaspoon of ghee,add saraparu roast it on medium flame.Take it out in plate ,keep aside.
- Next add Vermicelli , roast in ghee till gets golden color.Transfer ,keep aside.
- Pour 3 cups of milk ,bring to boil.Once its boiling add Sago and cook till it gets soft and changes transparent.
- Now add Vemicelli , cook it in milk in flame.Close the lid and cook if needed.
- Once it get’s soft,add sugar ,cardamom powder and half cup of saved milk for consistency, Mix it up.
- Add condense milk, mix gently .
- Finally add sautéed nuts and serve chilled.
- After refrigerating it may get very thick consistency, so while serving add some more chilled /Warm milk.Mix with it and serve.