Final Day of Blogging Marathon#17,under the theme “Deep Fried Vadas/Fritters”.Today’s Pakoda’s made from Split Yellow Moong Dal, from my cook book collections!!First time am making it out, came out just perfect..You can try the same with Channa dal instead of Moong Dal.Three days I have enjoyed with trying out a new mixture of making Pakodas.. :) See you guys soon in Next Marathon.Now to the recipe,
- Split yellow mong dal-1/2 cup
- Onion-1 medium sized Sliced
- Green chilly-2 nos
- Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
- Ginger- half inch piece
- Curry Leaves- Some
- Salt- To Taste
- Oil-For Deep frying
- Soak Split Yellow Moong in water about one hour, wash and drain it.
- Take a blender add yellow moong, green chilly,ginger and some salt .Grind in to a course.
- Transfer in to wider bowl, add onion curry leaves.Mix it well.
- Heat kadi with oil for deep frying.
- Once oil’s hot, sprinkle the mixture in the oil directly. Deep fry it cooks and gets crisp.
- Drain , transfer in to Kitchen towel. Serve hot!!
Pakoda’s taking time to get crisp and cook inside. Keep the flame in medium and fry. Otherwise pakoda will burn.