Another Simple and delicious Payasam recipe for Day-2 of Blogging Marathon #17.Under Group~4 ,I have chosen “ "Indian Sweets -Payasam/Halwa ".This Recipe's adopted from Raks Kitchen. I tried Aval Payasam with sugar,couple of times. Adding Jaggery giving unique taste to it.Compared with sugar,jaggery’s a healthy option right?Quite simple and tasty recipe,can make it 5-10.Try it out and enjoy!!
- Aval/Poha-1 /2 cup
- Milk-1 to one and half cups
- Jaggery- 1/4 cup
- Ghee-2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts-Few
- Cardamom Powder
- Add ghee in heavy bottom pan,roast cashew nut and roast it.Take it out and keep aside.
- Put Aval in same pan,roast well for 2 mins in low flame.
- Pour milk in it.Stir well and cook it in low flame.
- Add jaggery, cardamom powder mix well.Add some more milk if needed.Cook it in low flame for just 1min,otherwise milk will start curdling.
- Finally add in fried Cashew nuts and serve hot/chilled.
- Can do this in this way also,After roasting Aval,blend it in to coarse powder and add it.
- Reduce milk and add coconut milk in it.That's gives different TastE .