Hi dears, am sharing one more colorful recipe which I tried yesterday for 4th day of “Blogging Marathon~16” under the theme “Cooking With Colors”. Today’s Color’s “Purple”. If you think about Pink, Purple first will get only beets in mind right?! Same here :) yeah without any delay I decided to try Wadai with beets…It’s really excellent by Color and Taste. You can try with Uradal also, already I posted recipe for ,“Cabbage Wadai” you substitute with Beets!!Hope everybody will love it!!Attracting color for Kids,my kid love these kind of deep fried items a lot!!He was exploring what Amma added in it like that?!Finally he Guessed it :) Let’s move on the recipe,
1.Beets/Beetroot-1 cup Shredded
2.Onion-1/2 cup Chopped
3.Green Chillies-2 nos
4.Cilantro/Coriander -1/4 cup chopped
1. Channa dal-1 cup
2. Garlic-1 nos
3. Fennel seeds-1 teaspoon
- Soak channa dal in enough water ,drain all water and take that in blender.
- Save 2 tablespoon of channa dal don’t grind it.
- Add fennel seeds, garlic and salt. coarsely blend it. Don’t add water to it.
- Take the mixture in wider bowl, add Shredded beets,Onion,cilantro,curry leaves and green chilly.
- Now add the saved channa dal with it.Mix well in hand. Add oil in kadai for deep frying.Heat it up.
- Drop little wadai Mixture in oil,and check whether the oil is enough heat or not.
- Once oil come to perfect temperature, take a small lemon sized ball. Flatten in it palm and directly drop in to the oil.(Add 3-4 wadai in a time.Depends upon the size of kadai, You can add more or less)
- Allow to fry for 1 min then flip the wadai,fry till gets crisp in both the sides.
- That's it Crispy Colorful wadai's ready now!!
- Beets by itself have some salty taste.So don't add more salt,check and adjust it.
- Drain the water from channa dal completely,beets and onion will lose some water.