For Fifthday of BM am sharing a Simple Prasadam recipe!!Recipe got it from "Raks Kitchen"...After tasting this Appam am remembering my grand mom use to make this on some occasional to offer god :)Adding bananas gives a really nice flavour and fluffiness to Appams..I tried some with Paniyaram Pan..
- Wheat Flour-1 cup
- Rice flour-2 tablespoon
- Jaggery - 3/4 cup (Powdered)
- Banana-1 (Mashed)
- Cardamom powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking soda- A pinch
- Salt-A pinch
- Oil- Fot deep frying
- Take a wider bowl,add all ingredients except oil .Add enough water and make like Vada batter.
- Heat oil in kadai,for deep frying.
- Drop small laddle of batter in oil ,appam comes up right away means,the oil is ready to fry.
- Reduce the flame and pour laddle of batter and make fluffy appams.Do the same with remaining batter.
- Fry untill appam gets golden color,then drain from oil.
- Now Appam's ready to serve!!
- Can use either Maida or Wheat flour for making.
- If you making in paniyaram pan,use ghee for frying will taste excellent.
- Fry one at a time to get a perfect shape,in kadai while deep frying.