And then coming to today's post,am sharing a very famous simple "Sakkarai Pongal" recipe..This's also my favorite sweet or rice!!It's really a healthy choice for kids..
- Rice-1 cup
- Moong Dal-1/2cup
- Water-3 cups
- Milk-2 cups
- Jaggery-2 cups (up to your taste)
- Cardamom Powder-1/2teaspoon
- Nutmeg Powder-1/2teaspoon
- Ghee-1/4 cup and little more
- Salt- pinch
- Dry roast moong dal in medium flame till gets golden color.
- Then wash it in cold water,drain it.
- Add moong dal and rice together,add water,milk and salt.
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistle.
- In between,add little water in pan.Put the jaggery and melt it.
- Drain the jaggery water in strainer.Pour this in to pan and make in to a little sticky syrup.
- Once the pressure get down from the cooker,open it and slightly mash it up with spoon.
- Now pour the syrup in to dal and rice mixture ,mix it up.Cook it in low flame.
- Add cardamom and Nutmeg powder.
- Heat tablespoon of ghee in small pan,roast all tempering ingredients for a mintute or till get golden color.
- Add ghee and mix again.
- That's it Yummy Sakkarai Pongal's ready...!!