One of our favourite side dish!!We just enjoy this chips with bowl of Rasam Satham/Sambar Satham.My kid love to much this alone with out having any main course... Even when i was a kid i love it a lot.Simple and quick recipe...Enjoy :)
- Pavakkai/Bitter gourd- 2 nos
- Besan flour-1/2 to 3/4 cups
- Rice flour- 2 tablespoon
- Salt/Red chilly powder- According to taste
- Turmeric powder-little
- Oil-1 tablespoon and For deep frying
- Wash the bitter gourd/pavakkai and wipe it in cloth.
- Slice thinly in to circle shape,take out the seeds from it.
- Take the Pavakkai in wider bowl,add turmeric and salt on top.Mix it well.
- Close the lid ,rest this for 20 -30 mns.(Pavakkai will lose water )
- Now,drain all water and gently squeeze the bitter gourd.
- After that,add red chilly powder,besan flour,rice flour and enough salt and mix well in hand.
- Don't add water,just mix it up.
- Coat the besan flour mixture to all sliced Pavakkai.
- Now deep fry this till gets crispy and changes in color.
- Drain oil completely,Serve it with Sambar satham/Rasam/Curd rice..
Recipe's from Tamilnadu. Linking this recipe to ongoing event, "South Indian Foods" @Foodelicious and to "Walk through memory lane" hosting by Roshan"