Today am sharing a yummy recipe.This gravy made with a ground nut and sesame powder,it's gives a really excellent taste and nice texture!!First time tried this recipe ,we liked it a lot.The only thing's while frying eggplant/brinjal ,i feels it's observing more oil..that's not good right?But once in a while we can make and enjoy it :) ..Basic recipe's from Vahchef,i did a little change.Recipe belongs to Andhra pradesh!!
- Brinjal/Eggplant- 3
- Onion-1/2 medium chopped
- Tomato-2 medium chopped
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves-few
- Red chilly powder- 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste-2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- little
- Oil for deep frying and cook
Fry 1 medium sized onion in teaspoon of oil,allow to cool.Grind in to a smooth paste.
Dry roast and grind:
- Cut brinjal in to lengthwise and deep fry it.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in pan,splutter curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Add ginger garlic paste ,fry.
- Add onion ,fry till gets tansperant.
- Then add chopped tomato and fry for 1 min.Cover with lid and cook it for 2-3 min in medium flame.In between check add some water if required.
- Once tomato mixture turns to complete mushy add onion paste in it.Mix well.
- Put salt,chilly powder and coriander powder.
- ,Add the dry roasted powder.
- Add water ,bring to boil.Cook it for 3-5 mins in medium flame.
- Now add the deep fried brinjal/eggplants in to the gravy.
- Cook till to get perfect curry/gravy consistency.Add some more water if required.
- Garnish it with cilantro,serve hot with Chapathi/Paratha/rice.. etc.,
- Purple color brinjal will be perfect for this gravy.
- Can serve this curry with with any veg biriyani/pulao!!
Sending this recipe to ongoing Pari's " "ONLY"event for march and giveway"