Hi..friends,today we are in Third day of Blogging Marathon.Under "Easy sweet and mithat" today am sharing a traditional sweet "Boondi Ladoo".Am making this for very first time.Very simple recipe,everybody can make it with very less time.It took just 45 mins to make starting from ending!!My grand mom use to make this for all Diwali Days.. :)
- Besan Flour- 1 cup
- Water-1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nuts- 5 nos (Broken and roasted)
- Yellow food color-little (optional)
- Cardamon powder-1 teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying
For the Syrup:
- Put sugar and water together,bring to boil in medium heat.Get the syrup to half thread consistency.
- Take besan flour and water in a bowl,mix and make a pouring batter.Add little yellow food color in it.It have to be little lesser than the dosa batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a wider pan for deep frying the Bondis.
- Check the oil with pinching little batter in it.It comes right up,oil's ready to go.
- Hold the skimmer/Bondi Karandi ,little higher from the oil.
- Pour a small amount of batter in it and spread over it.Batter will drop directly in to the hot oil.
- Make crispy crunchy bondis ,drain oil and directly add to the sugar syrup.
- Do the same with remaining batter.
- After frying bondis add immediatly in sugar syrup and mix well.Add cashew nuts and cardamom powder in it ,mix it up.Let't soak for a little.
- For making ladoo's ,mixture should have to be little warm not hot.So allow to get right temperature.
- After that use a skimmer to drain all bondi from excess sugar syrup. Keep bondi's in another bowl.
Method for making Ladoos:
- Once it came to worm ,take 1 cup of water in a bowl.Dip your palms in water ,take a small amount of bondi mixture and roll in to a round shape.
- Make in to small or big ladoos.
- Allow to turn little firm,and enjoy :)
- Get correct syrup consistency ,other you can't make ladoos.
- Can use rose essence/rose water instead of cardamom powder.
- Store this Air tight box for up to month in Fridge.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14