- Cracked Wheat-1 cups
- Onion-1/2 cup sliced
- Mixed vegetables- 1/2 cup
- Green chilly-2
- Ginger garlic paste-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- To taste
- Water-2 and half cup to 3 cup
- Heat oil in a pan,temper all ingredients one by one from tempering list.
- Add green chilly and onion,saute for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute again.
- Now put all vegetables,mix
- Add salt,add water.
- Allow to boil ,then slowly add the broken wheat,cover with lid and cook.
- Once it's done,add cilantro on top,mix well.
- Serve hot with any Chutney/ Pickle.
- Some people prefer to make this in pressure cooker,you can follow the same method for pressure cook method.Instead of pan ,use cooker that's it.
- I used frozen vegetables,use carrot,beans,green peas and cubed potato.
Linking this recipe to Sangeetha's Show me your " HITS" event,