Usually i grind onion tomato separately or together for making any north indian Curry/Gravy.But in this recipe i didn't use any onion or tomato paste,for a change :) !!
- Mushroom- 2 cups (Chopped)
- Paneer- 200 grams ( Cubed)
- Onion- 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Tomato-2 medium size(finely chopped)
- Green chilly-2 (Slit)
- Ginger garlic paste-1 table spoon
- Cumin powder/Jeera powder-2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-little
- Red chilly powder/Salt- To taste
- Kasoori methi- 2 teaspoon
- Oil+Ghee- 2 teaspoon
- Water- As required
- Cinnamon-small stick
- Bay leaves-1
- Cashew nuts- 5 nos
- Badam-8 nos
- Poppy seeds/Kas kas-1 tablespoon
Soak this in hot water for 15 mins and grind it with little water.
- Heat oil+ghee in pan,splutter whole gram masala one by one.
- Add green chilly,
- Add ginger garlic paste saute well.
- Now add onions, saute it for 2 mins or till change in color.
- Then put tomato and fry till it goes mushy.
- Now add the dry powders ,fry for 1 min [cumin powder,coriander powder,chilly power,turmeric powder]
- Add mushroom , saute it well for 1 min.
- Pour little water,once water is boling add the ground paste.
- Mix well ,close the lid and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Put the paneer in to the gravy.Bring to boil for couple of mins.
- Then add the kasoori methi on top,
- Add sour cream and mix.[Optional]
- Add cilantro and serve with Pulka roti,Naan,chappathi,rice etc.,