After diwali am posting my first entry for Blog hop wednesday~Edition 2.Hope all of u enjoyed Diwali with friends and relatives :)Now coming to blog hop,Radhika's doing a great job,now she introduced new friends to us.Really interesting, thank u radhika :). This week i paired with Vardhini of "Zesty Palette" .She's having a wonderful blog with various cuisine.Totally i confused what to cook!! Am not a tofu lover ,but i love low calorie foods.So suddenly i selected to cook,Low calorie healthy bonda. When I visit some other blogs, I wonder how this bondas would taste, but it is awesome!!Let's see the recipe now,
- Firm tofu-1/2 pack
- Broccoli-2 cups(Finally chopped)
- Green chilly -2 (Finally chopped)
- Red chilly powder/Salt-to taste
- Corinader powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-little
- Besan flour-1/2 cup
- Rice flour-1/4 cup
- Chilly powder/Salt-to taste
- Remove out the tofu from the pack.Take out all excess water.
- Place tofu on a plate and cover with one more plate and keep some weight on top and allow to drain all water for 30mins.
- After that,Scramble it with hands.
- Chop the broccoli very finely.
- Now take a wider bowl,add all ingredients one by one and mix well.
- Make a small dumplings ,keep aside.
- Now dumplings are ready.
- For batter,take a bowl again,mix all ingredients and add little water for consistency.
- Make a semi thick batter.Batter shouldn't be very thin.
- Heat paniyaram pan,add little oil in it.Let oil get heat.
- Then,take one dumpling ,dip in to gram flour batter and place in paniyaram pan.
- Repeat the same for all dumplings,Close with the lid.
- After 1 min open the lid and flip the bondas with spoon Or tooth pick.
- Flip and cook,for 2-3 mins till all side gets golden color.
- If you like drop very little oil on top of each bondas before taking out.
- That's it,Hot and healthy bondas are ready to have :)
- Serve it with some spicy chutney or sauce.
Linking the recipe to Radhika’s Blog hop Wednesday & Winter Carnivals.Do visit here to check out all yummy recipes.