Time for Blog hopping.This time i was little late for posting my recipe.Hope,everybody know's about the event.For new visitors....,event started by Radhika from "Tickling Palates".
For this week, i paired with Jayashri from "samayalarai-Cookingisdivine.blogspot.com".She's having sooo... many recipes in her blog.Was little confused...to select the recipe.Finally i decided to make Puzhi Satham/Puliyogare,My hubs Favorite. Many times he used ask me to prepare a spicy Puzhi Satham.I wont like more spicy one,so i wont make :-) when i checked her recipe...it looks very flavorful and Yum...I tried and the result's was too gud.
Let's see the recipe,
Recipe for Pulikaichal:
- Cooked rice-1 and half cups
- Tamarind -Small lemon size ball
- Turmaric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Jaggery- 1 teaspoon
How to make Tamarind juice:
- Wash tamarind in water first.Take out seeds and all waste things from it.
- Take 1 cup of water ,put the tamarind and microwave it for 2 mins.
- Once it cools,strain the juice using hands or filter.
- Otherwise pour some hot water on washed tamarind,allow to cool. And follow the same.
- Mustard seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 1 string
- Peanuts- 2 tablespoon
- Red chillies-5
- Channa dal-3 tablespoon
- Urad dal-4 tablespoon
- Hing- Little
To Roast & Grind:
- Red chillies-4 nos
- Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds-3/4 teaspoon
- Urad dal-1 table spoon
- Channa dal-2 tablespoon
- Pepper corns- 1/2 teaspoon
- Roast all ingredients under "to roast & grind" list,in 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- Allow it to cool down,then make in to a powder form.
- Now heat a wider kadai with 3 table spoon of sesame oil.
- Splutter all ingredients one-by-one, under tempering list.
- Roast all ingredients well in the oil,add the tamarind juice in it.
- Cook it for 5 mns in medium flame.
- Once raw smells goes from the mixture slowly add the ground spice powder to Tamarind mixture.
- Mix well with the spoon,after adding the spice powder the mixture will goes in to a thick form.Switch off the stove.
- Now the basic Puliogare mix's ready.
- Take some amount of the mixture and mix with the white rice.Mix gently to cover all white rice.
- Let it rest for minimum 30mns before eating.
- I served with Potato Podimas.
- Adjust spiciness to your taste.Add are decrease the amount of red chilly.
- Use only Sesame oil,for exact taste.
Recipe goes to Tickling Plates,Check "here" to see what out Co-Bloggers doing..