What a wonderful event started by Radhika!!Am really happy to be a part in this event...This time i Paired with "Schmetterling words",she's having a nice blog with many baking recipes.I was suppose to try some from that, finally some ingredients was missing in my kitchen,So,i switched on to,"Poondu Kuzhambu".My way of "Poondu Kuzhambu" is little diff from this.Taste was really really tangy and spicy ,we liked it..Ok let's move on to the recipe!!
- Garlic-12 Pods
- Onions-1 large (Finally Chopped)
- Tomato-2 medium(Finally Chopped)
- Tamarind Juice-1/2 cup
- Chilly Powder-2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder-3 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder-Little
- Salt-To Taste
- Mustard seeds-Teaspoon
- Urad dal-1 Teaspoon
- Green Chillies-2 (Make a slit)
- Curry leaves- a few
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in the pan.
- Temper everything under tempering ingredients list,one -by-one.
- Add onions,fry for a while.
- Then add Peeled Garlic,fry in a medium heat.
- Add tomato and fry for 2 mins ,till get a little mushy.Can add little water to get a mushy.
- Now add the dry masala, add chilly powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder.mix well.
- Cook everything in a medium flame.
- Once the raw smell goes,add the tamarind juice in to it.
- Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water,while cooking.
- Close the lid,let it be simmer.Cook this for 5-8 mins,cooked garlic should have to be in firm not a mushy one.So do a check in between.
- That's it,switch off the stove and Serve hot with White rice (R)Crispy dosas ,will be excellent :)
Look over "HERE" ,to see what we all doing in Blog Hop.