My kid love Jangiri /Jilabi a lot.For him i tried,very first time it was Flop :( It was too oily. Not even in a proper shape.But he enjoyed :) .This time i want to give him a better Jangiri.. so,i checked so many "youtube" videos to get proper Shape & exact Jangiri.In one Video she used cake decorating pastry cone instead of any ziploc covers.Suddenly i thought let's try,i did,then the result was really really gud. You can use a Ziploc cover to get a shape.
But,if u used Cake Pastry Cone...grind the batter very well.Because while squeezing some unground urad dal might get struck ,in tip.I faced this problem.
For Jangiri :
- Urad dal- 1 cup
- Rice Flour-2 table spoon (Or) Raw- 2 table spoon
- Red food color-Some
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar - 1 (Or) 1 and half cups
- Water- 2 and half cups
- Lemon juice- few drops
- Soak urad dal in water for Minimum 1 hour.
- If you adding rice,soak together.
- After an hour drain all water,grind in Wet grinder adding very little water in a time.
- If u using rice flour,just grind Urad dal alone,then mix the flour in the batter.
- Once you done with the batter,take in to a wider bowl,add little "Red food color" mix well, in hand.
- Beat well again.
- Now the batter is in form.
- Heat oil in wider pan,don't use kadai.
- Transfer the batter in to Pastry Cone (Or) in Ziploc cover,directly squeeze in to the oil.
- Don't try in hot oil,you wont get proper Jangiri.
- Fry in medium heat.
- Don't wait till all get more crisp.Little crisp is fine.
- Once you fried,transfer in to paper towel.
- After a min dip in to sugar syrup.Soak it for 2-3 mins,flip-flop it,then transfer in to bowl (Or) Plate.
Method for Sugar Syrup:
- Mix water and sugar in a Wider Kadai,switch on the stove.
- Bring to boil.
- Make a half thread consistency.
- Add few drops of lemon juice.
- Switch off the stove.
- Chilled Jangiri will be more Tastier.
- Store in air tight container.Pour excess ,sugar syrup on Jangiri.
- Let them soak for whole day then Enjoy.