Badusha's very common sweet in every South Indian Home on "Diwali Days".Very mild sweet.If anyone hate to eat more sweets,u must try this and enjoy.Fesitive days should not run with sweets right.. first time i tried this.It came out really gud,my hubby and kid liked a lot.Recipe adapted from Mallika Badrinath's cook book.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida-2 cups
- Cooking Soda-2 pinch
- Kesari Color-Little
- Cardamom Powder-Pinch
- Butter- 1/2 cup
- Oil-To fry
- Water-As required
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sieve Maida & Cooking soda,for two times.
- Take a wider bowl,put maida.Add Kesari color,Saffron,Cardamom powder and finally put the butter and mix well in hands.
- Sprinkle little water at a time and make a soft tight dough.
- Make a small,small balls with that.
- While making balls,dont allow it get cracks in out sides.
- Flat the balls in palm & press a little in a middle,using ur thumb.
- Heat kadai,fry the prepared flatten balls in medium heat.
- Fry till Badusha get golden color and crispy in out side.
- Then,drain it & transfer to paper towel.
Method for Sugar Syrup:
- Take a wider Kadai,mix water and sugar.
- Boil it for 10 mins in medium flame,bring the sugar syrup in to half string Consistency.Use your fingers to check it.
- Once the syrup done,switch off the stove and let it cool for just 2 mins.
- Then put fried Badusha in to the sugar syrup,flip flop it,dip gently.
- Once it coated in all sides,transfer in to plates.
- Before Badusha get cool down,put some nuts or Coconut on top.Press a little.
- Enjoy :-)
*I given medium sweetness recipe,you can add 1/2 cup of sugar for more sweetness.Add some rose essence in sugar syrup.Can add some Colored shredded coconut on top.
Linking this to on going Event, "Diwali Special Sweets &Savories" , by Radhika.