- Murungakai- 2 nos (Cut in to 2" pieces)
- Shallots- 10nos
- Garlic- 10 pods
- Salt/Tumeric powder
- Curry leaves- Few
- Samar powder-1 tabelspoon
- Red chilly powder -1 tabel spoon
- Tamarind Juice-1/4cup
- Gingelly -2 table spoon
- Coconut-1/4 cup
- Jeera- 1 teaspoon
- Tomato- Half
- Heat pan with oil,splutter Mustard and curry leaves.
- Add garlic and onion ,fry well.
- Now add the chopped tomatos,fry for a while.
- Then add the roughly grounded tomato and onions,fry for 2-3 mins in low flame.
- Add Drumsticks/Murungakkai,put turmeric powder,red chilly powder and sambar powder.Mix well.
- Now add very little water to cover the Murungakai,close the lid.
- Check in between.Once Murungakkai cooked open the lid and add the tamarind juice.
- Add some water,allow to boil.
- Once the raw smells goes,add the Coconut paste.
- Add salt and little water,give a mix and close the lid for 5 mins.Cook in low flame.
- That's it Murungakkai Kara Kulambu's ready to have with plain white rice.
- Adjust the water for curry form.
- Can also add coconut milk instead of coconut grounded paste.