- Poosanikai/Yellow pumpkin-2 cup (diced in to small bite pieces)
- Onion-1/2 medium(Chopped)
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Channa dal-1 teapoon
- Urad dal-1/2 teapoon
- Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves-few
- Salt/Turmeric powder
- Coconut-2 table spoon(Optional)
- Heat oil in Kadai,splutter mustard,curry leaves.
- Roast channa dal,urad dal & curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry till color change.
- Now add diced pumpkin,give a mix.
- Add turmeric powder & salt mix it and close the lid for 2 mins.
- Give a gentle mix one in a while till pumpkin get soft.Close lid and cook it all gets soft.Cook in the medium flame.
- Press one small piece of pumpkin with spoon,if the pumpkin goes mushy that means it's done.Add some shredded coconut and switch off the stove.
- Ready to serve with White Rice..
Note: Can replace red chilly powder (R) green chilly to red chillies.