Generally many people will avoid Methi leaves..Due to bitter taste.But in this recipe really u wont get the bitter taste.In fresh Methi(R)Dried leaves you'll get a buttery flavour. Definitely Kid's will like it :) U can do Methi Peas Pulao in same way with adding paneer.Try this recipe and give me feed back,
- Paneer- 200 gram
- Peas-1 cup
- Onion-2 medium (Chopped)
- Tomato-2 large (Chopped)
- Green Chilly-3
- Methi Leaves- 3 cups
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tablespoon
- Rice -2 cups
- Cinnamon -1" piece
- Oil+Ghee-3 tablespoon
- Salt-To taste
- Red chilly powder-1 teaspoon(To taste)
- Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
- Jeera powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-little
- Black Cardamom-2
- Jeera-2 teaspoon
- Bay leaves-2
- Soak basmathi rice for half an hour.Drain all water,roast the rice with teaspoon of ghee.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil,add cloves,cinnamon and salt.Now add the roasted rice and cook till it cooks.Once it cooked drain all water,close the lid and keep aside.(To avoid the dryness )
- Cut the paneer in to small bite pieces and shallow fry it with little oil.Keep aside.
- Clean the Methi leaves and wash it well in running water.Drain all water and chop it finely.
- Heat oil&Ghee in a Non-stick pan.Add black cardamom,jeera and bayleaf.roast it well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- Add the green chillies and onion fry till gets soft.
- Then add the tomato and fry till get mushy.
- In this stage add the dry powders,(turmeric powder,red chilly powder,jeera powder,Garam masala)
- Mix it well.Add salt to taste.
- Now add the methi leaves and peas together,mix and close the lid for 3 min.(will cook soon)
9.Add the lemon juice.(Masala's ready )
10.Now turn the stove in to medium and add the cooked basmathi rice and give a fine mix.
11.Coat the rice with all masalas.
12.Finally add some cilantro on top.Serve hot with Onion Raitha (R)Any Veg Gravy