- Masoor Dal-1/2 cup
- Onion-1 small
- Tomato-1 big
- Sambar Vegetables- 1 and half cup (I used Brinjal alone)
- Sambar Powder-2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder
- Red chilly Powder-To taste
- Tamarind-1/2 cup
- Jeera/Mustuard-1 full teaspoon each
- Curry leaves- few
- Onion- 1/2 cup sliced
- Hing- pinch
- Cook Masoor dal in opened vessel with adding little bit Jeera and Garlic.Don't Pressure cook the dal.We need a chunky dals,so cook in opened vessel.
- Once dal cooked add Enough water for consistency.
- Add onion,tomato,Sambar vegetable.Mix it and close the lid and cook till they Half cook.
- Once half all cooked add sambar powder,red chilly powder,turmeric powder and cook it for 3-5 min.
- Now pour Tamarind juice add salt,allow to boil for 5 more min.
- Once raw smells goes,Heat the pan for seasoning.
- Splutter Mustard ,Jeera,Hing and curry leaves.Now add onions and fry till gets golden color.
- Now add the seasoning in to sambar.Mix well.
- Allow to boil for 2 more min in low flame.Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Yummy Sambar is Ready to have with White Rice :).
Note:U can do Same method with Toor Dal too.