- Tomato-1 (chopped)
- Sundakai Vathal-10 nos/ any Vathal
- Tamarind Juice-1/4 cup(Thick juice)
- Gingelly oil-2 tablespoon+ 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilly-1
- Turmeric Powder/Red chilly powder
- Methi seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Channa dal/ Urad dal-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
Roast and Grind:
- Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
- Red chilly -2 nos
- Kas Kas-1 teaspoon
- Coconut-1 tablespoon
- Onion-1/2 cup (chopped)
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in pan,Splutter Mustard,curry leaves.
- Add hing,roast channa dal,and Urad dal .Add methi seeds,and fry.
- Now add Onions and fry for min.Add Garlic and fry for a while.
- Add chopped Tomato and fry till get mushy.
- Now add the grounded masala and fry till raw smell goes out.
- Then add red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Pour some Tamarind Juice and water for consistency.
- Boil it for 2-3 min in medium flame.Check salt.
- Now add roasted Sundakai Vathal in to kulambu.Bring to boil for 1 min.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in pan and pour that on top of kulambu and mix it.
- Vatha kulambu is ready to serve with hot Rice and Appalam.
Note:Please Use Gingelly oil alone.Will taste very nice.If u want thick Curry mix teaspoon of rice flour in water and add to Kulambu,Cook it for 2 min.