- Cooked Rice-1 cup(Basmathi/Sona masoori)
- Green Peas-1/4th cup
- Mustard/Jeera-1/2 teaspoon each
- Onion-1/2 cup (chopped)
- Tomato-1 small (chopped)
- Salt/Turmeric powder
- Curry Leaves /cilanto
- Coconut-1 tablespoon
- Green Chilly-1 (R) 2(Up to Taste)
- Ginger-1 small piece
- Fennel seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in kadai,put Mustard,jeera,curry leaves and roast.
- Add onion and fry well.
- Add salt and Peas.Close the lid and cook till,peas cooks.
- Add tomato and fry.avoid mushy.
- Now add the grounded paste ,turmeric powder and 1/4 cup water ,cover the lid and cook for 3-4 min.
- Once the raw smell goes add some chopped cilantro,the Masala Mixture is ready now.
- Mix the rice with the masala,Ready to serve.
Note: For kids add some ghee and mix.Ghee gives very nice flavor.