Basically this's a stuffed Brinjal Curry with Hot Tamarind Sauce.This's Recipe's am sharing for My Friend who asked me to prepare and all My Visitors :)... This's a very flavorful,Spicy Curry ,will well go with white Rice only.For this Dish,you have to use little bit more Oil.,with that only it'll taste Nice..You can store the Curry for 2-3 days.
- Eggplant /Kathirikai-3
- Onion-1 small size (chopped)
- (R) Shallots-10
- Tomato-1 small (Chopped)
- Garlic-5 nos (Optional)
- Tamarind juice-1/4 cup (thick juice)
- Tamarind powder/Salt
- Curry leaves-Few
- Gingelly oil-3 tablespoon
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Coriander Seeds-2 teaspoon (full)
- Channa dal-1 teaspoon
- Urad dal-1 teaspoon
- Jeera-1 teaspoon
- Coconut- 2 teaspoon(shredded)
Roast these Ingredients in 1/2 teaspoon of oil and grind in to fine paste.Stuffing is ready now.Slit the Brinjal/Kathirikai with knife , put the masala in side and roast the Brinjal in 2 teaspoon of oil in pan ,and keep aside.Keep the remaining Masala,will add in to curry while cooking.
- Heat a pan with Oil,Splutter mustard and curry leaves.
- Pinch Hing in to it.
- Add onions and garlic roast for a while.
- Now add tomato and fry till gets mushy.Once it's started losing oil,add the remaining grounded masal with little water.
- Add tamarind Juice,salt and turmeric powder , bring to boil for about 3 min low flame.Add Fried Brinjal to it.
- Pour Little water for consistency.Once the gravy cooked it'll start losing oil in edges.
- That ,means the Curry is ready...
- Carefully transfer the Kulambu/Curry(Don't Break the Brinjal) in to bowl and Enjoy with White Rice.