- Seeraga Samba/Basumathi rice-1cup
- Ginger &Garlic paste-2teaspoon
- Green chillies-2(slited)
- Red chilly powder & Salt-to taste
- Cilantro/Mint-1/2 cup each
- Whole gram masala----Cloves-2,Cinnamon-1"piece,Bay leaves-2 nos,Cardamom-1 (crushed)
- Water-1 and half cup
I prefer to cook all type of biriyani,Pulao in non-stick pan only.If u want to cook in cooker/rice cooker... u can keep the same amount of water and cook.In Pressure cooker,2 whitle is fine.
Dont soak the rice more than an 30mns.for more flavorful,roast rice with 1teaspoon of ghee.,and cook.I used Seeraga samba rice.,u can use Basumathi rice/ Sonamasoori.,
- Soak the rice for 30min.,and drain all water and keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in pan,add all whole gram masala &fry well.
- Add green chilly&ginger-garlic paste,fry for 30 sec.,
- Add sliced onions,stir it.
- Once,the onion turns soft.,add chopped tomato &grounded tomato.add turmeric powder,redchilly powder&Mix well ,cook it for 2mns
- Once oil starts lose in edges.add Cilantro and mint leaves.
- Give a fine mix.,water and let it boil for 3-4 mns.,check the salt and add the rice.
- Close the lid,cook in medium flame for 15mns.
- Once in a while ,give a mix and cook.
- After that open the lid and add 1teaspoon of ghee,chopped cilantro and mix and serve with onion raitha/veg., gravy.