- Spinach-2 cups (Chopped)
- Yellow Split Moong Dal-1/4th cup
- Onion-1/2 cup (Chopped)
- Red Chilly-1 nos
- Garlic-2 nos(Crushed)
- Shredded coconut-1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
- Chana dal/Urad dal-1 teaspoon
- Salt /Turmeric powder
Soak Yellow moong dal in water for 15 min,drain and keep aside.
- Heat Teaspoon of oil in pan,splutter Mustard ,chana dal and Urad dal.
- Add mashed garlic and red chilly roast it.
- Now add the soaked moong dal and roast in oil for 2 min.in Low flame.
- Add Onion and fry.
- Add chopped Spinach& salt per taste.Close the lid and cook .
- Cook Till the spinach leaves shrink and Half cooked.
- Finely add shredded Coconut.(Optional)
- Ready to serve.
Note:I didn't use coconut.,if u like can add the shredded coconut and switch of the flame.