This's a basic Dal curry.,U can do same method with Moong gram dal(Pasi parupu) also.
- Masoor Dal-1/2 cup
- Onion-1/2 cup (chopped)
- Tomato-1 (chopped)
- Garlic- 2 nos (finely chopped)
- Green chilly-2 (slit)
- Mustard /jeera-1 teaspoon each
- Garam masal-1/2 tespoon
- Half lemon
- Pressure cook the dal with salt and turmeric powder.2-3 whistle is enough.
- Heat a Kadai with 2 teaspoon of oil,splutter mustard,jeera and put green chilly and garlic give a mix.
- Now add Onions and fry till turns color.
- Add tomato,fry till mushy.add salt.
- Then Pour the dal in to Kadai,give a mix let it boil for 2 min.,add little water to semi thin consistency.
- Add Garam masala powder and mix,cook it for 1 more min.,
- Finely Garnish with cilantro.Serve hot with Chapathi,rice...
- Squeeze lemon on top while having.(Optional)